Monday 13 April 2015

Letter of complaint



You have just arrived home after a two-week cruise. 

It was very bad and you want to write a 150-word letter of complaint.

Here is the original advert that you saw in the newspaper and your comments.



Useful language

Greetings
Dear Sir
Dear Madam
Dear Sir/Madam
Dear Mr Brown
Dear Ms Jones etc.

Ending the letter
I look forward to receiving your reply
I look forward to your reply
I look to hearing from you
Yours faithfully (if you don't know the name of the person you are writing to)
Yours sincerely (if you know the name of the person you are writing to)


State your reason for writing
  I am writing in order to complain about
  I am writing to complain about

Introducing the complaint
 Firstly
In the first place
First of all
My first complaint is
The first problem is
The first thing I would like to draw your attention to is
My first concern is

Introducing further complaints
Secondly
In the second place
Not only .......but also
In addition
In addition to this
Added to this
.......was also unacceptable

Demanding action
I suggest that you …..
I therefore suggest that I be given a full refund
I would be grateful if my money was refunded
I would be grateful if you could give me a full refund

Ending the letter
I look forward to hearing from you
I look forward to receiving a full refund
I look forward to receiving a replacement
I look forward to receiving your explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment