Wednesday 10 December 2014

Conversation - Useful Expressions

Conversation - Useful Expressions 


STARTING THE CONVERSATION

Shall I start?
Would you like to speak first?


GIVING YOUR OPINION

In my opinion ….
To my mind …
From my point of view …
Personally, I think …
I strongly believe …
I'm convinced that...
I'm inclined to believe that ...
To my way of thinking ...
For my part ...
As I see it....


AGREEING AND DISAGREEING

I totally agree.
I think so too.
I agree up to a point.
I think I see what you mean, but ...
I'm in two minds about it ...
That's true in a way, I suppose, but ...
That's one way of looking at it. On the other hand...
I really don´t think so.
I completely disagree.


KEEPING THE CONVERSATION GOING

As I was saying...
I forgot to mention ...
A strong point in favour of ... is that ...
Do you go along with that?
Adding to what X has just said, I think ...
One thing X didn't mention is ....
Perhaps it should be emphasized that ...




 ASKING FOR THE OPINION OF OTHERS

What / How about you?
Any comments?
Would you agree with that?
What are your views on …?
What’s your opinion?
What do you think …?

No comments:

Post a Comment