Wednesday 10 December 2014

Trading and Commercial Bank is looking for Trainee Managers



We will be recruiting trainee managers to start work in late June or early July in our branches all over Europe.

Applicants should have a degree in an appropriate area and knowledge of English and/or German.

Apply in writing to:

The Personnel Officer
Trading and Commercial Bank
bankonline@banking.com




The sentences in this reply are in the wrong order. Put them in the correct order.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I can be contacted by telephone on 654 321 123 in the mornings or at the above address.  __

I have working knowledge of German and have recently passed the University of Cambridge First Certificate in English examination.  __

I look forward to receiving your reply.  __

I am writing in reply to your advertisement in last Tuesday’s Evening News.  __

I will also complete a degree in Banking and Finance in June and will be available for work immediately afterwards.  __

I would like to apply for one of the trainee manager positions you advertise.  __

Yours faithfully

Jean Brown

............................................................................................................................................................................. 


This type of letter is based on a very small number of fixed, formulaic expressions. If you can reproduce these correctly in the exam you are certain to get a very good mark.





Everyday Language


Formal Language

I want to apply for the job of restaurant manager.



I would like to apply for the job of restaurant manager you advertise in ...

I have lots of experience.



I count on extensive experience in ...

I managed35 people.



There were 35 people under my supervision.

I have all the things that you need.



I meet your requirements.

I want to meet you face-to-face.



I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications in person.

I'm sending you my CV/resume.



Please find my CV/resume attached.

Thanks for reading my letter.



Thank you for your consideration.

Write back soon.



I look forward to hearing from you.



 Model letter


December 9, 2014


To: Henry Koppels
Subject: Restaurant Manager Position – George Jackson
Attachments: Resume_George.Jackson.doc

Dear Mr. Koppels,

I would like to apply for the position of restaurant manager posted on the FoodProfessionals website. As a highly qualified manager with extensive experience in the restaurant business, I believe I am a strong candidate.

I am an experienced restaurant professional with a bachelor's degree in restaurant management and have developed good organizational skills. After I graduated, I worked as restaurant manager at the famous La Boheme restaurant, a position that I held for five years.

My responsibilities included hiring of personnel, coordinating with chefs, ordering supplies and organizing events and there were 35 workers under my supervision.

I believe I have the relevant experience and skills you require and will be an asset to your business.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications in person. Please find my resume attached. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

George Jackson
 150 words

Writing a Cover Letter


When writing a cover letter you are supposed to include

- Greeting

Dear Mr / Ms (last name)
Dear Human Resources Director
To whom it may concern

The greeting should be followed by a comma (British English) or colon (US English).

- Body of Letter

First Paragraph

• Say which position you are applying for and where you found the job ad.
• Give reasons why you are good for the company.
• Use phrases such as: express interest, highly qualified, extensive experience and strong candidate.

Middle Paragraph

• Describe what you have to offer. Remember this letter supports the CV/resume.
• Match the company’s needs and requirements to your skills and qualifications.
• Give two to three main points with specific examples.
• Use phrases such as: meet the requirements, organizational skills, responsibilities included ... , be an asset to ... .

Final Paragraph

• Invite the employer to read more about you in your CV/resume.
• Thank the employer for considering you for the position.
• Tell the employer you are available for an interview.
• Use phrases such as: welcome the opportunity, discuss ... in person, find my resume attached, look forward to ... .

Closing
Yours faithfully -When your greeting is Dear Human Resources Director /
To whom it may concern.

 Yours sincerely/Sincerely yours -When your greeting is Dear Mr / Ms (last name).

• The closing should be followed by a comma and then your name.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….....................................….

Homework


Job Ad
Secretary

Experienced secretary wanted for growing law firm. Candidates should be fluent in Spanish and English and have excellent communication and organizational skills.

Please send resume to:
hiring-lawoffice@broadmail.org


Are you hardworking?
Do you care about people?
Do you have a strong sense of responsibility?
Can you work well in a team?
Do you have some knowledge of the criminal justice system?





No comments:

Post a Comment